Architecture Vision and Direction
· Contributes to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology and methodologies.
· Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology.
· Exercises solution design leadership on initiatives, driving alignment to target architecture and design standards.Facilitates architecture reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
Solution Architecture Development
· Creates solution options and solution architecture, adhering to architectural standards and the technology roadmap, and minimizing technical debt.
· Designs solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration, possibly across BUs or domains.
· Ensures non-functional requirements are satisfied.
· Involved in every aspect of lifecycle (from requirements to deployment assisting in design and triage of defects).
· Drives alignment between architecture and business needs.
· Participates in application rationalization and the development of application architecture roadmaps.
· Identifies applications and platforms impacted by the solution, the need for new platforms, and drives platform selection.
· Contributes to backlog of development team.Facilitates large groups of diverse stakeholders to consensus on target solution.
Advice & Guidance
· Provides guidance and oversight, ensures the viability of proposed solutions, and provides direction on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project, and ensures appropriate and complete unit/system/load testing and code review.
· Communicates architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders.
· Performs due diligence during potential mergers and acquisitions.Participates in lifecycle and resource planning
Emerging Technology Monitoring
· Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs.
· Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team.
Strategic SourcingOversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, as well as the design of standard configurations for a particular project.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
· Experience designing, developing, and delivering technology solutions
· Experience architecting complex, multi-system solutions
· Experience developing architecture principles and standards
· Retail domain experience. Ecommerce application development and integration experience with Merchandising and Order Management Systems.
· Demonstrates thorough understanding of application development processes and development methods and tools and their appropriate use.
· Experience designing, developing, and delivering technology solutions in below technology areas
· Application development in Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
· Search tools like Endeca/Solr
· Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Micro services architecture patterns
· Relational database
· Integration technologies
· Content management and portals
· Agile methodology experience
· DevOps practices and tools
· Mainframe and legacy system integration experience is desirable.
· IBM PIM solution implementation experience and knowledge in Master Data Management, Data Integration is desirable
· MBA or Master’s degree in related field
· Experience with the use, deployment and ongoing maintenance of an Enterprise Architecture model using commercial modeling products
· Experience with enterprise portal frameworks, enterprise search, enterprise content management and collaboration technologies
· Consulting experience
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.