Associate will report to the Manager – Imports & General Accounting and will assist with the production of timely, quality, and accurate financial statements related to Belk International, Recruit & Relocation and other assigned expense and/or balance sheet accounts.
· Performs monthly review of Belk International imported orders; analyzes order cost sheets to determine order profitability and variance explanations.
· Support management with the monthly close of all import transactions within established deadlines.
· Applies the applicable accounting treatment for all in-transit orders and performs the monthly expense and in-transit inventory accrual.
· Assist the Manager – Imports & General Accounting (in conjunction with Private Brands & IT) with the onboarding of additional vendors to the Direct Bill Program.
· Assists with monthly accounting for US Custom drafts.
· Assists with weekly processing of Vendor Buying Commissions.
· Reviews daily Direct Bill files and work discrepancies as necessary.
· Responsible for the accounting process related to Recruit and Relocation (includes supporting the Director of Payroll to ensure Invoice and Accruals are accurate from 3rd party vendors and supporting the Manager – Imports & General Accounting with the monthly variance review).
· Perform quarterly expense cut-off analysis as assigned.
· Complete annual leased property tax schedules as assigned.
· Complete assignments related to internal and external audit requests.
· Builds partnerships with import merchants and business managers to ensure strong communication and a solid understanding of the business.
· Perform monthly assigned general ledger reconciliations on assigned timeline.
· Research and implement significant process improvements that will improve productivity.
Maintain current and detailed documentation for all assigned accounts. Work with departmental personnel to ensure all updated Policy & Procedure documentation is accessible on the Belk Intranet.